Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Introduction

I was a straight A student, competed at the national level in athletics, and modelled while I was still studying. Oh, and I'm a psychopath.

When did I realize I was 'special'? Since I was in primary school, I already knew I was not the same as my classmates. But I attributed it to me being from a single-parent family. It was only when I started dating my boyfriend that I started to become aware of just how different I was. No I didn't stab him in the thigh with a fork on our first date. I shared with him how different I was, and the more I shared, the more I started to realize that hey, am I a psychopath?

Webster's dictionary defines psychopathy as a mental disorder especially when marked by egocentric and antisocial activity.

I also read an interesting online article online that there are 2 main profiles of psychopaths.
You either end up as a serial killer or a high achiever in whatever you pursue. What a difference huh? Which end of the spectrum you belong to depends on whether you use your 'gift' for constructive or destructive purposes.

I liken psychopathy to fire: you can use fire to cook your food, or you can use fire to burn down your enemy's house.

Why then is a psychopath a psychopath? My personal opinion is that we psychopaths just have a different set of morals and belief systems. We may know what some of the usual morals are, but we may not necessarily feel the same way. Well, at least that's how I think.

So follow me as I give you a sneak peak into the day-to-day life of a high-functioning psychopath who once in a while, has the urge to stab someone in the chest just because they bumped into me by accident... the adventure begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment